|Port Vila Vanuatu | Port Vila Resorts | Worawia Resort|
|Page: Ambrym Island - Vanuatu's Volcano Island|
One of volcano islands in Vanuatu
This island is essentially the remains of a large volcano, whose 12 kms wide caldera is in Ambrym island’s centre. Two active volcano cones, Mt Benbow and Mt Maroum, sit side by side on the edge of this large volcano caldera. These two volcano cones are amongst the most active and most voluminous volcanoes in Vanuatu.
A triangle shaped island has two airstrips, one on East and one on West costs of the island. Both aircraft and helicopter flights are available from Port Vila. The volcanic ash makes this a “black” island, although when you go inland you will find a lot of green vegetation growing from the ancient lava flows.
|Vanuatu Islands Info|
|• Major Islands of
Vanuatu - Discovering six of the best known islands in Vanuatu archipelago.
• Ambae Island - Legendary Bali Hai island
• Ambrym Island - Home to two volcanoes
• Efate Island - Vanuatu's administrative island, home to its capital Port Vila.
• Epi Island - Small island with two volcanoes
• Erromango Island - Exploited for its Sandalwood
• Pele Island - Home to popular Pele Island Tour
• Pentecost Island - Famous for its annual land diving ceremony, unique to Vanuatu.
• Santo Island - Known as Espiritua Santo Island, this is the largest island in Vanuatu.